Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The wars we fight

You and I must be from similar backgrounds only you are less ugly than me and I am less dumb than you. Or is it the other way around? Whatever. I enjoy your thought provoking philosophical missiles. FRED on EVERYTHING.
I usually feel enlightened and as if I am bleeding from internal injuries after reading them.
Your latest column "On Recent Wars" reminded me of a book I heard about last year and you prompted me to look it up again and to order it. It think it takes your premise and expands on it, perhaps on a different tack. I thought I'd pass along the link for you.
The Sling and the Stone: On War in the 21st Century
Thomas X. Hammes
Hell, if you really are as smart as me, you probably already read it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting....

:-/