Thanks to Clinton Wright for below. So true.
Rules of Montana , Wyoming , Idaho , WA & OR and the rest of the Wild West are as follows:
1 Pull your pants up. You look like an idiot.
2 Turn your cap right, your head ain't crooked.
3 Let's get this straight: it's called a 'gravel road.' I drive a pickup truck because I want to. No matter how slow you drive, you're gonna get dust on your Lexus. Drive it or get out of the way.
4 They are cattle. That's why they smell to you. They smell like money to us. Get over it. Don't like it? I-80 goes east and west, I-5 goes north and south. Pick one.
5 So you have a $60,000 car. We're impressed. We have $250,000 combines that are driven only 3 weeks a year.
6 Every person in the Wild West waves. It's called being friendly. Try to understand the concept.
7 If that cell phone rings while a bunch of geese/pheasants/ ducks/doves are comin' in during the hunts, we WILL shoot it outa your hand. You better hope you don't have it up to your ear at the time.
8 Yeah. We eat trout, salmon, deer and elk. You really want sushi and caviar you can get
them at the bait store on the corner.
9 The 'Opener' refers to the first day of deer season. It's a religious holiday held the closest Saturday to the first of November.
10. We open doors for women. That's applied to all women, regardless of age.
11. No, there's no 'vegetarian special' on the menu. Order steak, or you can order the Chef's Salad and pick off the 2 pounds of ham turkey.
12. When we fill out a table, there are three main dishes: meats, vegetables, and breads We use three spices: salt, pepper, and ketchup! Oh, yeah.... We don't care what you folks in Cincinnati call that stuff you eat... IT AIN'T REAL CHILI!!
13. You bring 'Coke' into my house, it better be brown, wet and served over ice. You bring 'Mary Jane' into my house, she better be cute, know how to shoot, drive a truck, and have long hair.
14. College and High School Football is as important here as the Lakers and the Knicks, and a dang site more fun to watch.
15. Yeah, we have golf courses. But don't hit the water hazards -- it spooks the fish and
scares off the ducks and honkers.
16. Colleges? We have them all over. We have State Universities , Universities, and Vo-techs.
They come outta there with an education plus a love for God and country, and they still wave
at everybody when they come home for the holidays.
17. We have more folks in the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines than all of you put together, so don't mess with us. If you do, you'll get whupped by the best.
18. Turn down that blasted car stereo! That thumpity-thump crap ain't music, anyway.
We don't want to hear it anymore than we want to see your boxers! Refer back to #1!
19. a true westerner gets a bumper sticker from www.neworleansbest.biz that says,
"Don't blame me I voted for Sarah." A true Westerner will send this to at least 2 others!!!