Saturday, February 04, 2006

Yankees Meet Katrina

The First Presbyterian Church of Sparta put together a mission help trip to Mississippi recently. Katrina left a big mess. This 14 minute video shows some of the devasatation and some of the volunteer work. Many church groups are involved every week and all over the region. In this case, it is my church from Sparta, NJ. I am a native of the Gulf Coast myself. Every chance I get, I am down home doing repairs for friends and family who still suffer from Ivan and Dennis. Those and Katrina will require YEARS for recovery to take shape. This film was made by Bob Forrester from our church. He is working hard to develop a video ministry there. People in our area interested in a community and/or church video user group should contact Bob - or contact ME.

No comments: